You may have heard by now of the GDPR. We're doing our bit to make sure we inform you of what we do with your personal data when you are a customer of ours or subscribe to our email list.
When you shop with us, we'll collect your name, contact and payment details so that we can fulfill your order. This is because we have a contract with you to deliver you the lovely goods you just ordered.
When you sign up to our email marketing list, we'll collect your email address and put you on our list. Because you've subscribed and consented to receive emails, we let you know all about our fabulous new stock and you'll be the very first to hear about discount codes. You're welcome to unsubscribe, but if you do we'll hold your email address on our 'unsubscribe' list so we don't add you back in by accident.
The only people who see your personal data apart from us are:
- Our Webhosts and any IT contractors who might help us with our website.
- A Marketing Consultancy who help us with social media and email marketing
- We use payment service providers, the Royal Mail and delivery companies to get the goods to you.
We use a few apps which aren't based in the EU or EEA
Mailchimp and Gmail are based in the US, but have safeguards in place via the US-EU Privacy Shield Framework.
If you have any queries about this policy or anything we do with your data, please contact us at
Plum Boutique, Nalders Court, Truro, TR1 2XH or call us on 01872 223149
Your rights under the GDPR are:
- The Rights to be informed
- The Right to Access
- The Right to Rectification
- The Right to Erasure
- The Right to Object
- The Right to Restriction
- The Right to know about automated processing or profiling
We don't use any automated processing or profiling. We won't be re-targetting you and chasing you around the internet with our products, but we always love it when you visit our site.
We have cookies on this website which enable you to purchase your goods and make the site function properly. We have analytic cookies on our website but we don't use tracking cookies. We rely on the anonymous data we get from Shopify to tell us how many people are online. However you can find out more about how you can control cookies here
How long do we retain your data for
- If you've made a purchase we'll keep details about your purchase for 7 years for accounting purposes
- If you have signed up to our emailing marketing list, then you are welcome to unsubscribe at any time, although we'll keep your email address on a suppression list to make sure we don't accidentally email you again.
If you've got any queries that we can't answer or you want to speak to the ICO, you can contact them via their website.